This morning Liam and I were walking down the street, holding hands. Suddenly, he stops, looks up at me and says "My hair is growing." And then continues walking. Who is this kid?!
On Monday Liam had his first visit to the dentist. The broken leg last year has left him a screaming, panicking mess anytime we set foot in a doctor’s office. So I went online and found the most gimmicky, kid friendly dentist in Brooklyn. And, you know what? The movie on the wall, the games with dental tools, and the showering with dental related gifts all worked. Liam owned the dentist. No tears, no screaming, no trying to leave the room. He sat on my lap in the dental chair and opened his mouth, completely voluntarily, before the dentist even asked him too. He let the dentist count, clean, and fluoride his teeth. Only once did he show any sign of hesitation or discomfort. I couldn't see his face, but the dentist told me that Liam was trying to close his mouth without biting the dentist's finger. So he was basically closing his lips while trying to keep his teeth apart. How considerate! We were commended on our good brushing job. And, of course, no cavities!Today as we headed into the pediatricians office for a check-up, Liam’s face crumpled as he cried, "No doctor, I want the dentist!!!"
Here are some pictures of our late Easter celebration in Baltimore this past weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment