Today we are 36 weeks along according to babycenter.com (where our due date is calculated as February 8th). Although, weirdly, it seems that the our midwife has a different way of calculating the due date. According to her, the due date isn't until February 11th, which means we'll be 36 weeks along on Saturday instead. I guess in the long run it really doesn't matter.
Yesterday I had an appointment with our midwife (they are every week now!!) and I’m more or less on bed rest again. Barbara said to be laying
down any time that I possibly can. My blood pressure was 138/85 (I think) in
her office after I’d been laying down for a few minutes. But no protein in my
urine – so not preeclampsia.. just hypertension. Carol was here over the past weekend helping Liam and me while Jason was in Baltimore. She brought along my mom's blood pressure cuff so we'd been measuring periodically. It varied pretty drastically based on the time of day and my activity level.
Basically Barbara said we’ll
do all we can (laying down, eating low sodium and high potassium) to wait this
out and let me go into labor spontaneously. But if my blood pressure stops
coming down when I’m laying down (especially if the bottom number is
consistently in the 90’s) or if the bottom number goes above 100, then she’ll
induce. Other warning signs, she said, are headaches and loss of vision. She
said if it comes to induction she wouldn’t use pitocin since this is a vbac,
but would try and break my water to see if that starts anything. But if she
can’t get to the bag of water to break it or contractions don’t start after she
breaks it, then we’ll have another csection.
Jason and I are working out a plan to make sure Liam is taken care of when he's not in school. I can still do some things for him and can certainly lounge around the house with him. But we'll make sure he still gets time outside and a proper meal every now and then, too!
Also, Barbie guessed the
baby’s current weight at about 5 or 5.5 lbs. Not too big and not too small (her
words!).
No comments:
Post a Comment