



Three quick stories:
Last week I was walking down the hall to Liam’s classroom to pick him up and heard him screeching in little intervals before I even made it to the door. When I walked in I saw him sitting on the floor next to a little girl who’s about a year older than him. He had her foot in his mouth and was sucking on her sock. Every few seconds she withdrew it and he screeched and she would give it back. That had me chuckling the rest of the day.
The next day when I came in to pick him up he was sitting on the floor with a little puddle of his spit up right in front of him. In his right hand was a napkin with which he was wiping the puddle! He might look like his dad, but clearly he takes after me!
This morning Liam was throwing a little fit as I was getting him dressed on his changing table. As soon as I got the last button snapped, I looked at him and, like every morning, I said “Let’s go feed the fishy”. Then, unlike every other morning, he immediately stopped crying and looked over to the fish tank! And then he did it again a few minutes later when we tried our new trick for Jason! Of course I’ve tried the same thing about 100 times today...and he’s only looked maybe half the time. But whatever... he knows where “fishy” is!!
Last week I was walking down the hall to Liam’s classroom to pick him up and heard him screeching in little intervals before I even made it to the door. When I walked in I saw him sitting on the floor next to a little girl who’s about a year older than him. He had her foot in his mouth and was sucking on her sock. Every few seconds she withdrew it and he screeched and she would give it back. That had me chuckling the rest of the day.
The next day when I came in to pick him up he was sitting on the floor with a little puddle of his spit up right in front of him. In his right hand was a napkin with which he was wiping the puddle! He might look like his dad, but clearly he takes after me!
This morning Liam was throwing a little fit as I was getting him dressed on his changing table. As soon as I got the last button snapped, I looked at him and, like every morning, I said “Let’s go feed the fishy”. Then, unlike every other morning, he immediately stopped crying and looked over to the fish tank! And then he did it again a few minutes later when we tried our new trick for Jason! Of course I’ve tried the same thing about 100 times today...and he’s only looked maybe half the time. But whatever... he knows where “fishy” is!!
1 comment:
those are really cute stories. liam is getting to that age where babies start getting to be so much fun. i can't believe how much fun i have with simon. of course, i also can't believe how tired i still am. i don't know how he has so much energy! oh wait, he sleeps 12 hours at night and takes 2 naps. if only i could do that.
Post a Comment