On the crawling front, there is still very little progress. As soon as I put him onto his front he usually rolls right to his back. He resists picking his belly up off of the ground by supporting his weight on straight arms. If he does stay on his belly, he lays his head down every few seconds and rests comfortably. If I prop him up on his hands and knees, he stays there bewildered by his own posture for a few seconds before he flops back to the floor in a flat position. He has gotten more confident in the sitting position though. He now can scoot on his butt to get around (well, only backwards). He will also lean, while sitting, so far that he almost tips over in order to reach for a toy. He’s almost in the crawling position when he does that so very sneakily I place his toys almost out of reach so that he has to lean to get them.
To balance out his sad large motor abilities, Liam has totally conquered fine motor skills. And after discussing all of this with the pediatrician at the last visit, I feel totally fine with that. He has long mastered the “pincer” grasp with his thumb and forefinger. Dr. Zbar told us that a neurologist friend of hers believes that is the single best predictor of future intelligence. And, crawling isn’t even a developmental milestone since there is so much variation in how and whether babies do it. So, I’ll take the pincer grasp over crawling any day!
Last weekend Jill and Josh were here. It was Josh’s first time meeting Liam. I think they loved each other very much. And Liam also rekindled his love with Jill. Anytime she laughed he would squeal and laugh back. He was very flirty with her which means Liam is developing a very good taste in girls!




No comments:
Post a Comment