10.12.09 ~ Crawling in the "Country"

Liam is finally crawling! Really crawling. On all fours. It started last Thursday morning at school. As I was dropping him off in the morning, I set him down to put away his coat and lunch, and he got on all fours and crawled toward me. Before that morning, he had been doing it for a few "steps" every now and again. But that time he covered about 4 or 5 feet of distance on all fours. He must have practiced a lot around his childcare room on Thursday, because when I picked him up that afternoon, brought him home, and set him on the floor, he just crawled off. Since then he's been getting steadier and faster. I think his progress was accelerated because we were at Kim and Greg's house in the "country" (in Suffern) this weekend. We went because we hadn’t seen Kim and Greg in ages, hadn’t met Ethan yet, and wanted to do something outside of the city for Jason’s birthday. There Liam honed his skills, since he had new toys (well, Ethan's toys) to crawl to and lots more space for exploration. Now he's pretty fast and also pretty pleased with himself. I imagine that being able to get to the shoes by the front door, the computer cables, and the trashcan whenever you want is pretty liberating. Of course our job of keep him safe (and relatively clean) just got a bit harder. But the delight of watching him get around on his own far outweighs the extra work.

Liam and Ethan were pretty adorable together this weekend. Ethan is such a cute baby and has such a laid back personality. He's friendly and smiley and easy going. On the other hand, he is also ambitious. He enjoys being on his tummy and is already making moves like he wants to crawl (or run) away. I'm glad Liam figured out the crawling thing before Ethan is crawling circles around him!

We took advantage of the beautiful fall weather and spent Jason’s birthday afternoon pumpkin picking on a pumpkin and apple farm. We have some pretty adorable pictures.


I love that face.

The birthday boy and happy Liam.

A Dragon sleeping in his cave.

Sarah!






Also here’s a video from this morning of Liam crawling. In the background we’re listening to our latest WhitMix. Thank you, Whitney!!


Liam's crawling!! (and playing fetch with himself) from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.

No comments: