So below is a quick pictorial summary of the last few weeks. But first, by request from Brittany, a list of the things Liam says:
“Whassit?” (What is it?)
“Whassat?” (what’s that? …Usually prefaced by a long “ooooooh!”)
“Diss” (This)
“Dat” (That)
“Tiss” (Kiss)
“Dada”
“Mum”or “Mumum”
He says something that sounds like “I like that” which is impossible to write phonetically.
“Duhd” (Dog …he says it when he sees dogs…and sometimes birds)
“Uh-oh”
And then there are the things he repeats when you say them first:
“Stuck”
“Out”
“Pop”
“Tree” (Christmas tree)
“Dit” (Light)
“Bah” (Ball)
“Push”
“Fsssh” (Fish)
“Ot” (Hot)
He also mimics the sound of fire engines going by outside and he sings his own version of his bath time song and the itsy bitsy spider. Both unrecognizable to the untrained ear.


Liam eating birthday cake with his Grandad, Pop, and Joan.
Liam's Snoopy cake at his Nana and Grampa's house.


Liam eating cake with his Nana and Grampa.Jason and I had a great time in Mexico. Pia and Raymond's wedding was beautiful and it was nice to be free of our daily responsibilities for a few days. And back in New York, Liam had a fabulous time bonding with his Nana and Grampa and then his Grandma and Opa Klaus. But I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him the entire time. By the last day I was definitely ready to come back home. When we finally arrived back to our apartment it was late and Liam was already in bed. However, he woke during the night and I, of course, didn’t miss out on the chance to greet him. I picked him up out of his crib, he stared at my face for a second, hugged me, and then said “Tiss. Mum.” (see above for translation).





No comments:
Post a Comment