1.27.10 ~ He Might Still Be Bald, But He's Not a Baby Anymore

Last night Liam took his first little steps. Jason and I were sitting on the ground facing each other and Liam was attempting to walk between us. He was kind of diving from one person to the other, but his little legs did a take a few steps in between. It was very sweet of him to wait until both of his parents were there to witness it. This morning, since Jason had already seen the first steps, I felt ok about coaxing him to walk a bit more. And what better bait to use than the video camera! So, I got a little bit of footage of him trying to walk again. And later in the day he took a few more steps at Claire’s house (not on video). Before last night, Liam was a little bit shy about walking. If you caught him standing on his own, or if he heard you say the word “walk” he would smile coyly and hit the deck (that is, he would lower himself to the floor by bending his knees with the kind of control that only someone who is ready to walk has).

Baby Steps from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.




This morning he also mastered another skill that he’s been working at for a while now: using a spoon. He fed himself about 50% of his oatmeal with his own spoon, a pretty big achievement for a kid that, just last week, treated oatmeal like a finger food. Also notable: the spoon definitely stayed in his right hand once he had the eating figured out.

I Can Do it Myself! from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how grown up he's getting. You didn't mention that the oatmeal also included words! He's so cute!

PS-Was the 50% of the oatmeal that he didn't eat with the spoon oatmeal that fell on the table?:)