12.8.10 ~ Jill, Pia, Frosty, and a Christmas Tree

For several reasons, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas here.

One, this year marks the very first time that Jason and I have bought a real tree. In the past we’ve only had what we call “Charlie Brown” trees. You know, little ones. This year our tree is BIG! We even remembered to bring some of our ornaments from Baltimore. However, the few we brought didn’t even begin to cover the tree, so we went to Kings Pharmacy and picked up some silver balls, some very sparkly blue stars, and the most hideous tree topper star you’ve EVER seen. The blue stars will be making a repeat performance from now on. They were super cheap, but I LOVE them.The tree topper, on the other hand, might find it's way into the dumpster before next year.




The second reason is that - thanks to his Nana and Grampa - Liam has fallen deeply and passionately in love with the classic Frosty the Snowman movie. His love for the movie has resulted in a lot of this:


Frosty the Snowmaannnn! from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.

Three, last week we were also lucky enough to have both Jill and Pia come visit us. Incidentally they were both in New York for work, although their visits didn’t actually overlap at all. When Jill was here we went to Jason’s company’s holiday party. His office is in Rockefeller Center, so his company plans the party on the night of the tree lighting. We watched the festivities from the conference room windows. It was definitely cool. Even though I had my camera with me, I totally failed to take a picture of Jason, Jill, or myself. I’m a looser. So here’s a picture of the Rockefeller Tree once it was lit.

Then Pia came to visit. We went out to dinner with Annette, Ryan, and Greg (while Jason stayed behind with Liam) on Saturday night and then had a wonderful lazy Sunday together. I took pregnancy pictures of Pia. Doesn’t she look adorable? What do you think? Boy or girl?


And lastly, I’m actually making good progress on our Christmas shopping too. I’m more than half done and its only the first week of December. That’s pretty good for me. Now if only I could put together a wish list. Everyone is asking. There is no other time in the year when I have any trouble coming up with things to want. It’s only now – under pressure – that I suddenly have no idea.

Happy December, everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Liam is going to be the death of me with all of his cuteness!