








(There was a lot of partying that went un-photographed).Liam was doing this...
(Photos by Emily)
***
The ride on the way home went well. First, we didn't get lost and didn't run into any backups. Liam didn't get upset at leaving with us, and started lunch about the time we got on 278. He ate well and then took a nap. He was thrilled after he awoke to find that he could watch Winnie the Pooh. He relaxed in the car with his hands behind his head and seemed to enjoy the rest of the ride. When we got home, the first thing he did was play with the castle. Then we went outside until everyone else arrived. Liam had a great time running around and hiding behind very, very thin trees while I tried to find him. He ran around the block while I tried to keep up with him; fortunately, I only had to jog a little (he slowed down on the hill). I think he needed to get outside after riding for so long in the car.
As usual, he was happy to see Ethan, and seemed fascinated with Sydney. He would take time out of playing to come over and sit and watch Sydney, or when she was lying on the blanket on the floor, would lie down and look at her. He and Ethan played until bathtime and the usual bedtime routine went smoothly. I gave the boys bath, Tim read books and sang to them , and the went to sleep. I was expecting a rough first night, but Liam not only went to bed easily, but slept until 7. Thursday was a rainy day, but since both Ethan and Liam slept so well and woke up so happy, we decided to go to the aquarium. When they first woke up and were sitting on our bed, I put the TV on while I took a shower. Liam's face lit up, and he said "get to watch TV?"
Liam was so excited when we got to the Inner Harbor. He walked very nicely holding my hand and looking at the boats. He seemed very convinced that one of the boats was his. He liked most of the exhibits, particularly the larger ones where he could stand and see all the fish. He was particularly fascinated with the sting rays. There was one window at the bottom of the tank where there were a lot of sting rays,some swimming by and some resting on the bottom, and I think he could have spent the day just staring at them. He liked the jellyfish display, and was also fascinated with the waterfalls, which he first called "water down". I wasn't at all sure that he would sit through the dolphin show and was prepared to leave once he got bored, but he loved it. He spent his time there commenting on everything the dolphins did, smiling and clapping his hands. He talked for a long time about how the dolphins flipped and how they splashed the kids (the dolphins swam used their tails to splash the first four rows of seats).He and Ethan also liked the large bubble tubes, and Liam kept hiding behind them. He and Ethan both fell asleep on our way home so that was their nap for the day.
Thursday night, Jeff, Angela and Sydney, and my mother and sister came over for dinner and to get to see more of Liam. He was fascinated with Sydney, in between playing. Thursday night was only one of the two times Liam even cried. We had absolutely no meltdowns. He ran into the cabinet and, at first, didn't even cry. Then suddenly, he burst into tears, and my first thought was that we wouldn't be able to comfort him. However, he let me pick him up, and then sat on my lap and snuggled in while he cried. He did ask for Mommy and Daddy each once, but I told him you were on the plane, he seemed OK with that. We got monkey and his blanket, and he continued to snuggle for a few minutes without really crying until he felt better (that part could have lasted a little longer for me, but it was short). Then the rest of the evening went fine. I originally thought he would have a bruise on the side of his face, but there doesn't appear to be one. He seems to be fine.
He went to bed easily Thursday night, but woke up about 5:00 a.m. He must have been having a bad dream because he kept saying "no Ethan", "no Ethan". When I went in the room, he kept telling me either "I no sleeping" or "I no sleepy". I wasn't sure which it was, but it didn't matter, the message was the same. Told him Grampa and Ethan were still asleep, so he stayed very quiet. We lay together in the bed in his room and he played quietly with his monkey, and then fell asleep until 8:00. He again woke up very happy.
The weather on Friday wasn't that great, it was overcast and a little cool, but we decided to go to the zoo anyway. It turned out to be a very nice day. Both boys walked/ran around the entire zoo. He and Ethan walked/ran around the entire zoo. The only time they were both tired and asked to be carried was when we were on our way to the pavillion so we could have lunch inside. that was also the only other time Liam cried. He threw himself on the boardwalk and started crying. I sat down next to him and told him I wanted to help him but couldn't understand what he wanted while he was crying, He suddenly stopped crying and asked to be carried. It wasn't so much a meltdown as that the poor thing was just tired and hungry. After lunch, he was his usual funny self. His two favorite things at the zoo were these tiny yellow frogs and the giraffes. They were inside so we could get fairly close to them. He watched one of them for a long time, and announced "I need giraffe." Good luck fitting one into your apartment. It's funny, even though Liam rides the train when you come down here, it doesn't take away his excitement of riding on a train. They have a little red train that goes a short distance around the zoo, and as soon as he saw it, he was ready for a ride. He smiled the whole way and loved the train whistle. I still can't believe he walked as much and as far as he did. He and Ethan walked/ran around the entire zoo. It was not exactly your nice spring day, the they didn't seem to mind. So we cheated again and their naps were on the way home. When we got home, they played some more, had dinner, played with play dough, watched some of the move "Finding Nemo". and went to bed. He slept all night and woke up this morning again in a good mood.
***
And this (at my parents house with Mason)...
(Photos by Klaus)
Last he visited Jason's Dad's house. No synopsis or photos were sent from there. Though, it seems they had a nice time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment