5.01.11 ~ I'm Busy


Yesterday we took Liam to his first swim class. He was really excited when we talked about it, really excited to put on his swim suit, and really excited to walk to the pool. But when it came time to get in the water, he refused. And his excuse? "I'm busy." (I now regret ever giving him the same reason for why I can't do something he wants me to do).
In the last 3 minutes of the class Jason and I took a risk and just picked him up off the side (where he'd been happily sitting telling us he's too busy to get in) and dipped him in. He gasped, but then instead of crying, he sort of gave us a nervous giggle. And then it was time to get out because class was over. And then he said he needed to get back in. Sorry buddy. Too late.

A few more Liamisms:

“I’m fasting!” (running fast)

Nina to Liam who is waving his fork in the air: “What’s your fork doing?” Liam: “It’s dancing”

Much to Jason’s delight: “I want to watch the draft!” (Liam was a little disappointed when he saw what the draft was).









1 comment:

Jill said...

Seriously, how did he grow up so fast? That baseball cap makes him look like he's 8! Take it off, I want my baby back :)