9.25.11 ~ No More Baby Mama Drama




We had a very lovely 20 week anatomy scan on Friday: The baby is still a girl, the placenta is nowhere near my cervix and has also implanted higher than my section scar (which is good), the clot has reabsorbed and was no longer visable, and all of the anatomy was normal. She's also a normal size for 20 weeks. This marks the end of the drama for this pregnancy, I hope. We learned that she moves a lot (which I could have told you myself) and that most ultrasound pictures of her come out blurry as a result. We also saw that while she loves to move her body around, she somehow manages to keep her face smooshed into the placenta. The tech tried several different tricks to get her to move her face before she was able to get the images above. As you can see, we got some 3D action! She's still a little skinny, but I still think she's pretty cute.

Also we found an apartment and are in the middle of packing hell. But it will all be worth it in about a week when we're happily settled into our new place.... and WALKING to school!


I defend my dissertation on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Especially since I spent the weekend packing (and apparently now blogging) instead of preparing.


No comments: