Monday morning we woke up at 4am again (our kids did that every day in Cali - the time zone and the end of daylight savings really screwed us on the sleep front). So, we showed up at Disney bright and early. Liam was being weird though. He wasn't nearly as excited when we got there as we thought he'd be. He sort of stared at everything with a dead pan look on his face. We asked him if he was ok, if he was overwhelmed, if he was underwhelmed, if he was tired, if he was hot (it was 90 degrees!), or if he felt sick. He just kept replying that he was fine. Eventually, sometime after lunch, he perked up and started getting excited about things. He really liked seeing the life size Lightening McQueen and Mater characters. He was also excited to go on the new Cars ride which we had been waiting all day for. It takes you on a journey through the mountains and then ends in a race through the dessert. Nora was too small for the ride so I waited with her while Jason took Liam. When they got back Liam reported back that the ride was scary. Inside the mountain you get to see some of the characters from the movie including the scary combine tractor, Frank. And the racing at the end is sort of fast and dippy like a roller coaster. We had gotten a parent "switch pass" which meant that I could take Liam a second time with out standing in line - but Liam didn't want to go on the scary ride again. In not my proudest parenting moment, I guilted my scared little guy into going again so that I could go too. He resisted at first, but then went along with it. Because he is awesome and willing to face his fear for the sake of his mother's entertainment. He buried his face in my side for the majority of it and was very happy when it was over. I was glad I got to see it. So, win win, right? No? Next time I will try to not exploit the child's love for me.
11.9.12 ~ Cars Land
After the wedding, our little faction drove back north to Corona Del Mar to see where Hannah and Toros live and then continued on to Cars Land at Disney.
Monday morning we woke up at 4am again (our kids did that every day in Cali - the time zone and the end of daylight savings really screwed us on the sleep front). So, we showed up at Disney bright and early. Liam was being weird though. He wasn't nearly as excited when we got there as we thought he'd be. He sort of stared at everything with a dead pan look on his face. We asked him if he was ok, if he was overwhelmed, if he was underwhelmed, if he was tired, if he was hot (it was 90 degrees!), or if he felt sick. He just kept replying that he was fine. Eventually, sometime after lunch, he perked up and started getting excited about things. He really liked seeing the life size Lightening McQueen and Mater characters. He was also excited to go on the new Cars ride which we had been waiting all day for. It takes you on a journey through the mountains and then ends in a race through the dessert. Nora was too small for the ride so I waited with her while Jason took Liam. When they got back Liam reported back that the ride was scary. Inside the mountain you get to see some of the characters from the movie including the scary combine tractor, Frank. And the racing at the end is sort of fast and dippy like a roller coaster. We had gotten a parent "switch pass" which meant that I could take Liam a second time with out standing in line - but Liam didn't want to go on the scary ride again. In not my proudest parenting moment, I guilted my scared little guy into going again so that I could go too. He resisted at first, but then went along with it. Because he is awesome and willing to face his fear for the sake of his mother's entertainment. He buried his face in my side for the majority of it and was very happy when it was over. I was glad I got to see it. So, win win, right? No? Next time I will try to not exploit the child's love for me.
Monday morning we woke up at 4am again (our kids did that every day in Cali - the time zone and the end of daylight savings really screwed us on the sleep front). So, we showed up at Disney bright and early. Liam was being weird though. He wasn't nearly as excited when we got there as we thought he'd be. He sort of stared at everything with a dead pan look on his face. We asked him if he was ok, if he was overwhelmed, if he was underwhelmed, if he was tired, if he was hot (it was 90 degrees!), or if he felt sick. He just kept replying that he was fine. Eventually, sometime after lunch, he perked up and started getting excited about things. He really liked seeing the life size Lightening McQueen and Mater characters. He was also excited to go on the new Cars ride which we had been waiting all day for. It takes you on a journey through the mountains and then ends in a race through the dessert. Nora was too small for the ride so I waited with her while Jason took Liam. When they got back Liam reported back that the ride was scary. Inside the mountain you get to see some of the characters from the movie including the scary combine tractor, Frank. And the racing at the end is sort of fast and dippy like a roller coaster. We had gotten a parent "switch pass" which meant that I could take Liam a second time with out standing in line - but Liam didn't want to go on the scary ride again. In not my proudest parenting moment, I guilted my scared little guy into going again so that I could go too. He resisted at first, but then went along with it. Because he is awesome and willing to face his fear for the sake of his mother's entertainment. He buried his face in my side for the majority of it and was very happy when it was over. I was glad I got to see it. So, win win, right? No? Next time I will try to not exploit the child's love for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment