Soon Jason left and skied with Klaus and Chas for a bit while I stayed with Liam and picked up where Jason had left off with our own little version of ski school. Around noon Liam was so tired he could barely stand up anymore - so we headed over to the main lodge to meet the others for lunch. As soon as he sat down, Liam took a 45 minute nap in one of the lounge chairs. After that Jason took him home (the Ravens game was later that afternoon!) and I stayed to ski with Chas and Klaus. It had been five years since I'd been skiing - before I got pregnant with Liam. But, surprisingly, it all came back to me in one run. I thought for sure after having two babies and therefore having all of my muscles shifted to new and interesting places, skiing would be tricky to get back into it. But - like they say - it was like riding a bike.
On Saturday while Jason was skiing with Liam, I took Nora sledding with Hannah, Toros, and Kaya. The air was cold, but it felt nice in the sun so I plopped Nora in the snow. She was curious and crawled around in it trying to figure out what it was. The first time we took the kids down the hill on sleds we quickly learned that braking with our feet meant a face full of snow for Kaya and Nora. So we changed our methods a bit. Kaya liked going on his own on the inner tube. Toros would let him go at the top of the (littlest) hill and Hannah would catch him at the bottom. Nora went down the hill a few times with me and I tried to keep the snow out of her face. She didn't smile and didn't cry. At the bottom she would look at me with quickened breath and her expression would say "Really? We think this is fun?"
Aside from Heiko getting sick, it was the perfect weekend. It was great to see everyone and so nice to celebrate Jonas and Vera's birthday together doing something fun. And after being a in the big house with other families - sharing shopping and cooking and cleaning and children - I believe more than ever that I want to live in a commune. Who's in?
Here are my favorite shots from the weekend. Happy Birthday, Twinsies!





















1 comment:
7th pic from the bottom. Stunning! Wish I'd taken it...
Post a Comment