Lynda, Simon, Miriam, and Rachel came to visit us. Our apartment is significantly bigger than our last one, but it was still a squeeze to have seven people under this roof. The kids all slept in Liam and Nora's room. Simon slept on an air mattress under Liam's lofted bed and Miriam in a pack and play. It was adventurous around bedtime - but overall went not worse than expected. And despite the squeeze, it was an absolute delight to have them here for a couple days. We went to Port Discovery (a children's museum), explored main street, and scooted and biked outside. Most of my pictures are from Port Discovery. We totally failed to get a group shot with all the kids. Boo.
My friend Beth, her fiance Casey, and their puppy Bean also came for a visit from NYC. Again - total photography fail. I have zero pictures from that day. But that doesn't mean I don't adore Beth. Because I do.
Then, Shannon, Mike, and their sweet, perfect Samantha came over. Also down from NYC, they were in town to visit family. But we got them for a whole morning and lunch and this time I sucked less and actually got my camera out. This is my favorite picture from the day -- there's a lot of mother daughter love right there:
And this pretty much sums up Mike. And Shannon. And Sam's expression is perfect:
Theeeeen, we took a day trip to Washington DC to meet up with Liam's dear little New York friend, Annabelle and her mom, Silke. With them, we walked around the Mall and visited the Air and Space Museum. I took the kids down there on the MARC train as part of my commuting experimentation. On the way back we got lost, missed two trains, and then boarded the local instead of express train. So, I learned a lot about what not to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment