4.21.14 ~ Mieka

Last week Liam and I flew to California to meet Baby Mieka and to see the rest of our peeps. Mieka - who Liam nicknamed Miekie - is perfection. She's tiny and has big attentive eyes. And Vera and Chas are naturals... calm and nurturing... and slightly nervous (like good first parents should be). Hannah and Toros drove down and spent a day in San Diego and then we returned to The OC with them to see their new home. Kaya is a beautiful child -- as I was editing these photos I realized I had more of him than the new baby and my own child combined. I couldn't help myself. All in all the trip was a quick little whirlwind tour, but so worth it. I loved seeing my sisters and having one-on-one time with Liam. And he was a little traveling angel up until the last day when we were flying home and he told me was never going on another trip with me again. I just looked at him and thought about all the sleep he had missed and how we had just skipped lunch and thought to myself "I did this to him, I guess I can't be mad". Then I fed him some food and everything was better again.













No comments: