3.28.10 ~ March Catch-Up

I apologize for the long pause in updates. I’ve been spending all of my time on my dissertation proposal lately. My proposal hearing is coming up in April, and a draft was due to my advisor this past week. I expect that things will remain pretty busy through April. But I’ll try and sneak in a little blog update now and again so that I don’t have to do another one of these long catch-up posts.

Liam has also been really busy. Although I think he’s been having a lot more fun with his busy schedule than I have with mine. Here’s a quick rundown of what Liam has been up to:

It was almost a month ago now that we met up with Sarah, Jorge (and their bun in the oven!!!!!), Shannon , Mike, Kim, Greg, and Ethan out in Suffern. We spent the day playing with Ethan at Kim’s and then went out to dinner with everyone before heading back to the City. Liam and Ethan were definitely interacting while they were playing – though I’m not sure that Liam stealing toys from Ethan counts as ‘playing together’. The concept of sharing is still a foreign one to Liam; which is very age appropriate. But, still, it makes it a little embarrassing when he plows over a kid like Ethan, who’s quite a bit younger than him, to get to a ball. Luckily Ethan is a pretty tough kid and put up with it really well. When Liam stole his toys or pushed him out of the way, he looked a little puzzled but moved onto something new quickly. It’ll be cute to watch them when they’re older and really playing together. Hopefully by then Liam will have ditched the thieving....and Ethan can get revenge!







Two weeks later Liam and I packed our bags and headed to Baltimore for a long weekend. I was presenting a poster at the International Conference for Infant Studies in Baltimore and Liam was going to spend some QT with his grandparents. Liam spent Thursday with his Granddad, Friday with his Nana and Grampa, and Saturday with my parents, who we refer to as Grandma and Klaus (“Daus”) now.

Here are a few cell phone pics of Liam in Baltimore:

Liam loves his carseat....
....but not as much as this seat!

He also saw and sat on his first real tractor!

On Sunday we took the train back to New York with Carol and Tim.


They had planned a little, four-day, New York vacation in order to take care of Liam during his spring break from school so that I could write my proposal. I think they had a lot of fun with Liam – but it was hardly a vacation. They spent the night at a nearby hotel and showed up at our apartment at 7:30 every morning to play with Liam while Jason and I got ready to leave. They trekked all over the city with Liam – to museums, playgrounds, stores, and the zoo to keep him entertained. Carol cooked for us all and Tim did repair work around our apartment. One evening they stuck around while Liam slept so that Jason and I could go out on a little date. They must have gone home needing a vacation after their “vacation”. But I know they enjoyed the time with Liam and he certainly enjoyed the time with them. He learned a lot of new things from his grandparents: how to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep (Ba Ba Batchee”), say “pewwwww” to a stinky diaper, and how to make money sounds (“ooh ooh aah aah”).

Here are some pictures that Carol and Tim took at the Zoo. Apparently he referred to each animal there as either a dog or a duck:




The next weekend Liam again found himself on an Amtrak train headed back to Baltimore. Carol and Tim left on Thursday evening and on Friday morning I realized I still had so much writing to do that I would need two full days over the weekend to get it done. So, Jason decided to take Liam to Baltimore to hang out with some of his friends and give me the apartment to myself to get my work done. It was a fun trip for them and a very productive weekend for me.
Here’s a picture of Liam and Patrick together:

And here are a few more random but cute pictures of Liam from the past few weeks:




And lastly, February pictures from Liam’s school:













No comments: