This past weekend we were in Baltimore for Pop’s funeral. The weather was perfect and the funeral was intimate, heartfelt, and warm. Jason’s Dad gave a beautiful eulogy that had everyone both crying and laughing. Pop’s life was honored in a way that I am sure would have made him happy.
We also had brunch with Josh, Mandy, Patrick, Shannon, and Mike at Josh and Mandy’s new home. Fabulous house, delicious brunch, and two hilarious children. However, I think the pictures and videos prove that Liam was a little out of his league.
PW and Liam I from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.
PW and Liam II from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.
When I pick Liam up and carry him, he plays with my hair. There are a few other people he does this to as well. If you’re one of the lucky few, it’s a sign that he likes you.
In the middle of the prayer at the end of Pop’s funeral, Liam pointed to the casket at the front of the room and said “Pop”.
I get spontaneous hugs from Liam frequently throughout the day. They are usually preceded by him squealing “Mommyyy!” and hurling his little body in my direction.
Liam loves to feed others from his plate.
Liam’s version of jumping: He bends his knees and straightens them quickly, but his feet never leave the floor.
At the end of the day, when Liam hears Jason’s key turning in the door, he jumps up from whatever he’s doing and runs to the door shouting “Dadadadada!”
Liam calls all liquid “milk” (pronounced “mik”). So, Milk is “mik”, water is “mik”, rain is “mik”, puddles are “mik”, bathwater is “mik”…. you get the picture.
When it’s time for bed, Jason or I usually spend some time standing while holding Liam and rocking and singing to him. Liam insists that during this ritual you also hold his Blanket, Monkey, and Bear (yes, we are very creative with the names in this family). As Liam continues to get bigger, holding all four of them becomes more and more comical.
The day before yesterday I caught Liam changing the CD in the CD player. Without me knowing it, he had successfully opened the tray, taken the old CD out, placed a new CD in, and closed the tray. It would have played had he not put the new CD in upside down.
Yesterday I walked into the bathroom and found Liam cuddling with our new bathmat. Today I found him dipping a little cup into the toilet and (dare I write this?) licking it. Luckily I had just cleaned the toilet.
A couple more Liam pics:







No comments:
Post a Comment