The next day we woke up and the city was covered in snow. Jill decided not to cancel her event and Jason had to go to work so Liam and I had a nice snowy day together. When Jason returned from work (early!) we bundled Liam up and took him out to Central Park to see the snow. The snow was still falling and the entire park looked completely transformed. We found a hill where people were sledding and stopped so that Liam could watch. He loved the people flying down the hill and laughing. We walked around the park for a while and let Liam march through the freshly fallen snow. Once he’d been walking around for a while he suddenly started crying. We took him home only to find that the snow had gotten between his snow pants and his shoes and had caused his skin to get red and welty. Babies first frostbite. Luckily it went away pretty quickly.
That night Jill checked her flight – which was supposed to depart the next morning – and found out it was canceled and rescheduled for Sunday. So we got Jill for four extra days! It was awesome. We played with Liam, went to the movies, worked out together, cooked, went shopping, and went out to dinner. It was like being roommates again. The only thing missing was Pia!! And Jill and Liam had some quality bonding time too. Jill sang to him, played with him, and helped bathe and feed him. I think Liam was pretty attached to her by the end of her visit. However, I’m pretty sure that he (and his 5am wake up) killed any baby fever she may have had developing.
The Snow and Jill from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.
Today the snow is falling outside again. So after stopping in to visit Miya and Emi, Liam and I snuggled up together in our warm apartment. As I was making dinner, I turned around and found Liam walking laps back and forth across the apartment. It was pretty cute, so of course I grabbed the video camera.
Doing Laps from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.
2 comments:
Yea! I'm so proud of him! Walking just for the sake of walking, transitioning between surfaces, and all the while in socks on some slippery floors! I think he's got it down!
He's gotten better at walking in just the last week. Less frankenstein-ish :). I miss my lil lambchop, and being the annoying auntie, just wait until he's a teenager. You know my memory, I will have some embarrassing stories to share with his friends for sure! Tickle his feet for me. xoxo
Post a Comment