2.4.10 ~ And He's Off!

Today was the day that Liam’s baby steps turned into legitimate walking. This morning Liam took steps for the first time without us coaxing him into it. He stood at the coffee table in the living room wanted to get over to the “dining room” where Jason had gotten cereal out for him. I was in the shower at the time, but according to Jason, he eyed up his options (crawling on the floor or walking along the couch) and then decided instead to walk. He wobbled over to his cereal like Frankenstein. After breakfast, he played an exciting game of fetch with his soccer ball…WALKING after the ball.

I dropped him off at school and went to my office. A few hours later I attended a Mid-Winter Tea party hosted by the director of Liam’s school. I walked in and she said to me “So, I hear Liam is walking!”. After the tea party I ran into the onsite coordinator in the hallway. The first thing she said to me was “Hey, I hear Liam is walking!” A little bit later I went to the bathroom and passed one of the teachers from another classroom in the hallway. She said to me “I heard Liam is walking!” So I could only assume that Liam was doing some serious walking in his classroom for word to spread like that!

And sure enough, when I picked him up he toddled right on over to me. Liam’s teacher told me he had been walking around the room all day. The Frankenstein walking continued at home, but so far I have only been able to get a little of it on video.

And He's Off from Nina Philipsen Hetzner on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea! And soon he'll be doing a Frankenstein run! Thank you for posting so quickly after his progress!